This policy describes Your Airport Valet, Inc. d/b/a Valeta Premium Valet’s (“Valeta”) practices relating to the information Valeta collects from or about its current and past members, website visitors and users of its mobile applications, including your rights to limit the sharing of certain information we may have about you.
- Information About You
As part of providing you products or services, we may obtain information about you from various sources, including the following:
Information Provided By You. We obtain information you provide to us when you join Valeta, including information that you enter through our website or mobile applications. This information may include items such as your name, address, mobile device ID (UDID), telephone number, location, credit card numbers and/or other financial account information. If you give Valeta your location when you use a Valeta mobile application, or give us your current ZIP code, we may use and store that information to provide you with location-based information or messaging, including offers or advertising. We also receive information automatically when you visit our website or use our mobile applications.
Information Provided About You From Third Parties. We may obtain information about you from third parties including Valeta participating companies, our affiliates, public sources and others. This information could include, among other things, information about your purchases with Valeta participating companies, information about your transactions and account activity, your location if you allow your mobile device provider to send it to us, your UDID, publicly available demographic data, and information needed to comply with regulatory requirements. This information is used to ensure the accuracy of data, better understand your interests, and/or prevent fraud.
Cookies. When you visit the Valeta website or open a Valeta e-mail, we send one or more cookies to your computer or other device. We also use other similar technologies such as tracking pixels, tags or similar tools when you visit our website, open a Valeta e-mail, or use our mobile applications. These technologies can collect data regarding your operating system, browser type, device type, UDID, screen resolution, IP address and other technical information, as well as navigation events and session information as you interact with our website or mobile applications. Among other things, this information allows us to understand how you use the Valeta service, website, and mobile applications and what products and services may be of interest to you. The cookies we place can also be used to allow any potential advertising networks we might work with in the future to set and read their own cookies and collect similar information. You can generally remove, block, or disable cookies using the settings in your web browser. If you are a member of Valeta, information collected using cookies or similar technologies may be associated with personally identifiable information, such as your name and e-mail address, we have about you.
Log-In Information. When you access Valeta’s website or one of our mobile applications via a browser, application, other client or device, our servers automatically record certain information at the time that you log in. This may include information such as the web page you are coming from or going to, terms you search, pages you view on a Valeta website or mobile application, your interaction with a website, application or online service provider, your IP address, UDID or telephone number, browser type, browser language, device type, and data contained in one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your computer, your device and/or your Valeta account. This information is recorded by our web servers, which allows us to deliver services or information you have requested, better understand user behavior on our websites and applications, assist in troubleshooting problems, and improve the quality of our service. Please be aware that in some cases your IP address could be used to determine your general location.
- Our Use of Your Information
We use the information we obtain to develop, offer, deliver and improve our products and services, to offer products and services of our affiliates and participating companies, to process transactions in your accounts, to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law. In addition, in the future we may use the information we obtain to offer products and services of our marketing partners and other companies. Valeta uses the information we obtain to operate the Valeta website, services, and applications; deliver products and services to people who use our site, services, and applications; understand how visitors use our website and mobile applications, and determine the effectiveness of the content; improve our website, services and applications; and personalize your experience on the Valeta website. In addition, Valeta may use this information in the future to deliver via email advertisements and other information about products, services and applications offered by Valeta, our affiliates, and our participating companies
- Our Information Sharing Practices
Information about our members, former members, website visitors and mobile application users is an important part of our business. We do not share your personal information except as permitted or required by law, including as provided below:
Affiliates. We may provide personal information about you to our affiliates to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Unless you tell us not to, we may share with our affiliates all of the information we obtain about you. If you prefer that we not share with our affiliates consumer report information that we may receive about you, you may direct us, in writing, not to do so. Please be aware that we may continue to share any other information as permitted by law.
Sharing Information with Nonaffiliated Third Parties. We do not share your personal information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted or required by law, including as provided below:
- Agents and Service Providers. In order to provide our products and services, we may share personal information about you with agents and service providers located in the U.S. and in other countries to perform functions on our behalf, such as to send email and postal mail, analyze data, provide marketing services, process applications and credit card payments, and service accounts. When we use these third parties, we may disclose any of the personal information that we collect, although we give them only the personal information reasonably needed to perform the service. We contractually obligate these service providers to access and use personal information only as needed to perform their functions for us and for no other purposes.
- Maintain and Service your Valeta Account. We may disclose personal information about you to third parties as reasonably necessary to maintain and service your Valeta account, including to facilitate transactions you’ve requested and to track and process your Valeta requests.
- Protection of Valeta and Others. We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding. We may also disclose personal information as we believe appropriate to enforce or apply our rights under our agreements (such as, for example, our Member Agreement) with third parties, including our members, and to protect the rights, property or safety of Valeta, our members and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Business Transfers. If there is a change of control in Valeta’s business (whether by merger, sale, or otherwise), our members’ information could be sold as part of that transaction and your personal information potentially could be used by the purchaser. If the purchaser intends to materially change the terms applicable to your personal information, you will be notified by a notice posted on the website or in another appropriate manner and be given appropriate choices with respect to previously collected personal information.
Valeta may share with third parties, including nonaffiliated parties, information that does not personally identify individual members or visitors for any reason Valeta deems necessary or desirable.
- Third Party Advertising
- Limiting Affiliate Marketing
Federal law gives you the right to limit some but not all marketing from Valeta affiliates. Specifically, you may limit all Valeta affiliates from marketing their products or services to you based on certain personal information that they receive from Valeta. This information includes your account history and other related financial information in each case to the extent Valeta possesses such information and has used it, or permitted a third party to use it, for credit eligibility purposes.
Valeta is committed to earning and keeping your trust. We understand the need for our members' personal information to remain secure and private. To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Further, only Valeta employees who have a business need to access your personal information are authorized to do so. No method of transmission over the Internet nor any method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee absolute security over your personal information.
- Retention of Your Information
We will retain your information for as long as you are a Valeta member and/or we reasonably deem it necessary to provide you services, comply with our legal or other obligations, resolve potential disputes, audit our records and/or enforce our rights and obligations under our agreements. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide you services, you may terminate your Valeta membership.
- State Laws
In addition to the rights described in this policy, please note that you may have additional rights under state law.
Collection of Information from Children. Valeta’s products, services, applications and utilities are not intended for purchase by children. Accordingly, Valeta does not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personal information from children under the age of 13.